Thursday, April 26, 2012

Goodbye My Friend (Day 67)


We got some very sad news today when our neighbours came over to tell us that their 11 year old Collie had to go to the Rainbow Bridge today. She was such a beautiful dog in both looks and nature. I'm going to miss her. Every time I'd pop in for a visit when she was inside she'd come straight over for a pat and scratch. Unlike Charlie their little one who barks and growls and barks some more whenever I visit. It always takes Sarah picking him up and putting him in my arms to shut him up. 

But, Bonnie was such a beautiful dog and she will be sorely missed. But, we know she's up there at Rainbow Bridge keeping Monty and Snowy company. It seems Charlie is Monty (the neighbours late cat) reincarnated though from what Sarah's told us.
 
Snowcat was the cat that followed Katt through about 22 moves and stayed with her for 19 loving years. But when Kev passed Snowy knew he was going to need some company and it wasn't Yattie's time to go. So while Yattie had been Kev's cat while he was here he became Katt's and Snowy went to keep Dad company. It is never easy to lose a pet but I, for one, would never give up all those years of love just because I knew one day this was going to happen. It hurts and we never want our pets to leave us but the fact is they have the shorter lifespan because they love us unconditionally with their whole heart. Sometimes their body just can't keep up with that much love.

There is a poem that always makes me cry. So if you're a sap like me you might need a tissue. I think of it every time the end grows near for one of my own. When its time to make the decision and we want to keep them longer to ease our heart and not their suffering I remind myself of this poem.

If it should be that I grow frail and weak,
And pain should keep me from my sleep,
Then will you do what must be done,
For this, the last battle, can't be won.

You will be sad I understand,
But don't let grief then stay your hand,
For on this day, more than the rest,
Your love and friendship must stand the test.

We have had so many happy years,
You wouldn't want me to suffer so.
When the time comes, please, let me go.

Take me to where to my needs they'll tend,
Only, stay with me till the end

And hold me firm and speak to me,
Until my eyes no longer see.
I know in time you will agree,
It is a kindness you do to me.

Although my tail its last has waved,
From pain and suffering I have been saved.

Don't grieve that it must be you,
Who has to decide this thing to do;
We've been so close,we two, these years,
Don't let your heart hold any tears.


Author Unknown 

Goobye Bonnie. We gonna miss you.

 I has a sad.

Google




No comments:

Post a Comment