Saturday, April 28, 2012

Teach a young pup new tricks (Day 69)


I am very happy. I've been spending the past couple of days trying to teach Yogi how to shake. He managed to get it down tonight. I'm sure he'll forget it by tomorrow. It was really funny watching him reach for the hand with the treats. Then the one I was holding out for him to shake stop and look up at me with the "I can't get the treats" look. 

Every single time Katt turned around he wasn't doing it. Until the last time - I don't think he realised she was watching. He's ambidextrous though. It was funny. He'd lift one paw and then go oh I don't think this is the right one, lift the other one and almost fall over as he hadn't put the first paw back down yet.



Found it!

Do you wanna play?


I'll throw! You chase!

Ok, that was funny. He was chewing on something so I said to him "What have you got there?" He kept chewing... chewing stopped mid chew to look at me. Spat it out and took about 3 steps away to look up at me with that "What? I wasn't chewing on anything. I swear Aunty Anne!" I looked down and he'd broken a bit off of his rawhide bone. So I told him that was okay and turned to tell Katt complete with actions. 

I'm pretty happy "Shake" is coming along. A guy at the dog park was explaining how he taught his dog to roll over so I'm going to work on that next. Mind you, I should research more on teaching him how to walk to heel. It would be nice to be able to take him for walks around here.

I am so going to get him a little saddle bag with 'Please take one' full of his postcards and magnets. Mind you that means I have to get more magnets and post cards. Yogi's just too cute to not share with the world. Remember if you'd like a postcard from Yogi just email him at 365daysofyogi@gmail.com 



Google





No comments:

Post a Comment